Find DALLAS PERSONAL TRAINERS - DFW HEALTH CLUBS AND GYMS - PERSONAL TRAINING CENTER
|Dallas Gyms, Personal Trainers, Massage Therapy, Kickboxing Instructors add your Fitness Business to our Fitness Online Directory for FREE|
|Dallas Movers Texas||WWW.OHSOLUTION.COM|
|Moving Companies in Plano||dallasmovers.biz|
|Frisco Moving companies||Find Dallas Mover|
|Dallas Office Movers||Business Movers|
“A dietary supplement is a product taken by mouth that contains a “dietary ingredient” intended to supplement the diet”, according to the FDA website. (www.cfsanf.fda.gov/~dms/ds-oview.html). Also FDA definition of dietary ingredients is , “The dietary ingredients in these products may include : vitamins, mineral, herbs or other botanicals, amino acids, and substances such as enzymes, organ tissues, and metabolites." (www.cfsanf.fda.gov/~dms/ds-oview.html)
Before 1958, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulated dietary supplements as they regulated Drugs, which insured the consumers safe and high quality supplements. However, in 1994, President Clinton gave birth to the Dietary Supplements Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA), which changed the way the FDA regulated dietary supplements. As a result of this law, the supplement companies now have a lot of power on how they make their supplements, and how they market their supplement's health claims. Before, the creation of DSHEA law, supplements had to pass strict FDA law before they could be sold on the market. However, now, “Dietary supplements are no longer subject to the pre-market safety evaluation”, according to FDA website. www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/dietsupp.html
DSHEA law is like Robin Hood because it gives the consumer (you & me) Dietary supplements. However, it robs us because we are not Guaranteed to get what we paid for when it comes down to supplement safety, and supplement quality. However, I personally think DSHEA law is OK because it gives me access to supplements that help me reach my fitness goals. However, on the other hand, the DSHEA law is not that great because I willingly buy supplements that do not meet up to their Nutrition labeling or "Supplement Fact sheet" statements, which means I don’t get what I paid for. However, Coming back to the point, what does the DSHEA do for the consumer?
· The DSHEA gives the FDA the power to set up the Good Manufactory Practices regulation with the supplements manufacturing companies (GMPs), which means FDA can have some control over their preparation, packing, and holding of dietary supplements.
· Also the DSHEA, sets up the Commission on Dietary Supplements, which has seven members who are appointed by the president. These seven member's requirements are:
o 3 members must be qualified by scientific training, and have experience to evaluate supplements' health benefits,
o 1 of these members must be trained in pharmacognosy
o 1 of these members must be trained in medical botany
o 1 of these members must be trained in traditional herbal medicine
Five items that need to be on all supplement bottles according to DSHEA law according to the FDA website (www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/ds-oview.html)
1. Name of the supplement.
2. Name and place of the manufacturer, packer, or distributor.
3. Complete list of ingredients.
4. Net weight of the supplement produced.
5. Nutrition label called “Supplement Facts” panel .
It all depends on who you ask! Some health Professionals say that supplements are not safe, while other health Professionals say that dietary supplements are safe. For example, www.aids.org talks about how they use supplements like Glutamine and Lipoic-Acid to help patients with AIDS. I personally support supplementation because it has worked for me in my own fitness goals. Also, I have Personally sold supplements to individuals that had intestinal disorders that need to absorb protein in a shake form, which means they use meal replacements to get their protein intake. However, I do not recommend not eating foods, and only take supplements. DON'T EVER TAKE ANY SUPPLEMENT LIKE A BAR OR MEAL REPLACEMENT TO REPLACE REAL FOOD BECAUSE IT IS UNHEALTHY. However, I am not saying all supplements are safe because as I mention earlier that the FDA does not regulate supplements, and therefore, every supplement company acts differently when it comes to how they manage safety. CAUTION, Many Supplement Companies Just Want “The Money”.
Creatine is an amino acid, which is produced in the body by the liver and kidneys. Creatine is also found in the muscle of animals. Therefore, if you had any type of meat today, then you have consumed Creatine. About 90% of all the creatine in the body is taken up in the skeleton muscles system, and the other 5-10% is spread through the body in the heart, brain, and testes. After the creatine is absorbed in the body, then the creatine changes into a molecule called phospocreatine, which will then be used to synthesize ATP. According to a publication from Tufts University, most creatine is stored in muscle tissue and becomes important when muscles need short, quick bursts of energy for activities like sprinting or strength training.
Most of the University studies have suggested that creatine may be safe. Creatine supplement was found in 1832, and since then, all types of athletes have been taking it for performance enhancement for years. However, there are other studies stating that we need longer studies to determine if Creatine supplements are safe in the long run. Therefore, the point comes down to who you ask. If you ask a Pharmaceutical company what they think about Creatine supplements, they will look at you in the eye and tell you that Creatine does not work, and is not safe for you. Pharmaceutical companies hate all Dietary Supplements because they can not patent dietary supplements and make money from them because of the DSHEA law passed by congress. In result, Pharmaceutical companies do not want to spend millions and billions of dollars, researching a supplement to reveal their true gifts in healing and sport performances. For example, in Great Britain many supplements we Americans buy at a supplement shop are only prescribed by Doctors, one great example, is St. John's Worth.
In conclusion, there are many professionals that state that if Creatine is taken in the right amount, then there are few side effects, if any. Some of the side effects of creatine are cramping , dehydration, diarrhea, and dizziness, according to The American Pharmaceutical association, written by Angi S. Graham and Randy C. Hatton.
1. Increase skeleton Muscle Mass and Muscle Strength
2. Helps with short, quick bursts of energy for activities like weightlifting & sprinting
3. Creatine may play an indirect rule in being a buffer during exercise, which declines the pain-like feeling that comes with the Lactate acid being released during the break down of ATP.
· When, creatine is taken it is converted into phosphocreatine. Than, the phospocreatine aids in the turnover effect of the production of ATP from ADP. In addition, during the splitting of ATP molecular to release energy to be used by the cells, there is a byproduct produced called, "Lactide Acid". Lactide Acid is toxic to the muscle, and that is why you feel the burning pain when you work out. Some studies state that phospocreatine plays like a buffer during the splitting of ATP. This means that that during exercise individuals will be able to perform their physical activities for a longer period of time, before they give-into the pain caused by the lactate acid release, during the splitting of ATP molecules. The cell needs to split the ATP molecules for energy to do their work like: muscle contraction, digestion, cell transportation, and everyday normal day living.
4. Creatine May Protect Against TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
5. Creatine may be beneficial for neuromuscular disorders based on two University Studies:
It all depends on what your goal is. This is a very important idea to ponder over before taking any type of supplements. If your goal is to put on weight and increase your strength, then creatine supplementation may be right for you. However, if your goal is to be the winner of a long distance race, than creatine may not be for you. However, that does not mean that a long distance runner cannot take creatine. The long distance runner would supplement creatine when he/she was in his/her off season, while his/her fitness goals would be focused on muscle gain and not win a long distance race. As you can see in this example, the same individuals may benefit form taken creatine supplement in one fitness goal, while on the other hand, the same individuals would not benefit by taking creatine in another fitness goal like winning a long distance race.
What is HMB?
HMB stands for beta-methylbutyrate, and it is in our everyday foods. In addition, our body produces HMB from the amino acid leucine. “HMB is an important Precursor to protein synthesis”, According to The Journal of Nutrition and www.cwu.edu.
In addition, The Journal of Nutrition stated that, “HMB can decrease muscle protein degeneration, thus aiding in the increase of strength and muscle endurances with an accompanying resistance training program.”
What Can HMB Do For Me?
It all depends on a the individual's goals! For example, if you are a:
· Bodybuilder then HMB supplement definitely will help you in building muscle faster because it prevents the brake down of muscle cell membrane, and at the same time HMB supplement will aid in the repairing your Damaged Muscle cell walls. Therefore, you will build more muscle in a faster rate because you are damaging less muscle cell wall, and decreasing the repair time of the damage muscle cell wall.
According too some UNIVERSITY STUDIES, HMB SEEMS TO BE SAFE. Not only do HMB supplements help build muscle and increase tissue-healing time, it may decrease a person's body fat. HMB has also been showing to be helpful at fighting HIGH Blood Pressure & High Blood Cholesterol, according to many university studies like:
· Department of surgery, ANN Surg 2002 sep;236(3):369-74 discussion 374-5
· The Journal of Nutrition 2000, Aug, 130(8): 1937-45: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
In conclusion, “the objected data collected across nine experiments indicates that HMB supplements can be taken safely as an egogenic aid for exercise, and that objective measures of health and perception of well-being are generally enhanced”, according to Journal of Nutrition 2000, Aug, 130(8): 1937-45: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Leading Causes of Death in the United States in 1999
According to American Heart Association, National Vital Statistics Reports, Center for Disease Control
1. Cardiovascular Diseases
5. Diabetes Mellitus
6. Influenza and Pneumonia
7. Alzheimer's Disease
8. Nephritis and Nephrosis
10. Intentional Self-Harm (Suicide)
RISK FACTORS FOR HEART DISEASE
ACCORDING TO: Office of the Surgeon General, American College of Sports Medicine, American Diabetes Association, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Wellness Councils of America.
*LOW CARDIO RESPIRATORY FITNESS
*HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
*LOW HIGH DENSITY CHOLESTEROL
*HIGH LOW-DENSITY CHOLESTEROL
* HIGH TOTAL CHOLESTEROL
PERCENTAGE OF OVERWEIGHT AMERICANS
According to: American Heart Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for health Statistics, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
1. EACH YEAR AN ESTIMATED 300,000 U.S. adults die of causes related to obesity. (Behavioral Risk Surveillance Study, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, Journal of the American Medical Association)
2. 90%-95% of people with diabetes have Type 2 diabetes. This condition has been closely linked to obesity and Physical Inactivity.
According to: The American Heart Association, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for health Statistics, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
-10.6 MILLION Americans have PHYSICIAN-DIAGNOSED DIABETES*
ABOUT: 4.9 million MALES & 5.7 million FEMALES
-In, 1996 DIABETES KILLED 68,399 Americans.
ABOUT:45.5% Males 54.5% Females*
-Two-thirds of people with DIABETES MELLITUS DIE of some form of HEART OR --BLOOD VESSEL DISEASES*
-798,000 NEW CASES OF NON-INSULIN DEPENDENT (TYPE 2) DIABETES ARE DIAGNOSED EVERY YEAR*
An Estimated 5,600,000 Americans have UNDIAGNOSED DIABETES*
What is Diabetes?
When we eat any type of foods, our body breaks down the food to produce energy (ATP), ATP is the simplest form of energy that our cells can use to do their normal day activities. For example, the Human cell uses ATP for a wide range of functions like: Muscle contraction for locomotion movements, Rebuilding and repairing of tissues, Digestion and Transpiration of food, and much more. However, With Diabetes, the body has difficulties producing insulin or the cell receptors do not work right, therefore the insulin is not absorbed in the tissues. Insulin is a hormone that helps take out the energy (sugar) out of the blood vessels. For Example, after eating a meal, a person's blood sugar raises above homeostasis levels. So, the receptors in the human arteries pick up the increase of sugar levels. Then, the Receptors fire off a signal, which is sent to the brain. Next, the brain sends a message to the pancreas to release insulin because insulin decreases the blood sugar levels. Finally, the blood sugar levels go down. However, in victims of diabetes their bodies have a hard time controlling blood sugar levels, which causes them to get sick.
What is Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes is the most common form of disease. Type 2 Diabetes was seen in the past in older adults, 40 yrs and older. However, with today's fast way of living and fast food, children and younger people are being diagnosed with the condition.
Type 2 Diabetes is linked closely to lifestyle chooses and being sedentary. In other words, being obese and being physically inactive greatly increases a person's chance of being a victim of this disease.
Tips for Type 2 Diabetes
1. Be physical active............Type 2 Diabetes is closely linked to being Overweight
2. Call Fitness2go.net to get a Resistance Training workout program because lifting weights can have an insulin-like effect on the body after working out.
3.Eat variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, and whole grain foods.
4. Eat less sugar. Limit yourself to one Soft Drink a day, if you have to have one, that is.
5. Eat less salt. Your food already has too much sodium in it before you even add any salt to it.
All the Web - AltaVista - Google - HotBot - Lycos - Northern Light - Yahoo
Add Your Site FREE